This thought literally blew my mind when I started thinking about in detail.
Women on average apply a minimum of 16 products a day to their face before they even walk out the door and start their day!
Women’s routines are becoming faster than ever now. The average woman spends just 12 minutes on their morning cleansing routine and makeup application. I would think this is a result of skincare products evolving and becoming much more advanced and profession than ever before – meaning your skin needs less time for correcting.
Everyone is always in a hurry today and it is difficult to find the time to spend on ourselves. In addition to the 12 minutes in the morning, it seems we on average spend 6 minutes a night removing our makeup and going about our nighttime skincare routine. Some ladies like myself, opt to carry our regime overnight as well. Specialist nourishing moisturizers and serums help to repair your skin while you’re sleeping and correcting signs of anti-aging. This is a dynamic duet I can get behind!
Take a moment and grab a pen and paper.
I want you to replay your morning routine from this morning and jot down every product you used on your face. Now, add up their price points. You may need to sit down to do this…
Here is mine and let me tell you, my jaw is on the floor still. My very expensive jaw that is.
Facial Cleaner – Micellar Water With Argon Oil $8.47
Facial Toner – The Rose Drop Hydration Facial Toner by FRESH $54.00
- Alternatively, I also really love the Glow Tonic from Pixi by Petra. This toner is more affordable at $20.00!
Serum – First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum –$45.00
Eye Cream – CONTEXT Vitamin C All Day Eye Cream $35.00
Moisturizer – Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Plus $35.00
- Alternatively, I also really love the Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30. This moisturizer smells so good and is more affordable at $19.97
Primer – Benefit Cosmetics THE PORfessional Face Primer – $42.00
- Alternatively, I also really love the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. For cheaper alternative I would suggest e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer but the amount of product in the container is deceiving so in the long run it’s not a huge savings because you’ll be replacing it sooner than if you were to splurge on the 2 above.
Concealer – IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer $32.00
- Alternatively, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer does come in a mini version for $16.00 which is really great if you don’t use it too often and are just looking for a mini. Their full size is $37.00 and does have a ton more shades to pick from.
Foundation – Covergirl Simply Ageless Instant Wrinkle Defying Foundation $18.99 (this may be the best kept secret right now!)
Setting spray – Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray $40.00. (there is a mini size for $19.00 available also)
Bronzer – Benefit Cosmetics Hoola $38.00 (there is a mini size for $20.00)
- Alternatively, The Balm Bahama Mama is a favorite of mine and has been for years!
Blush – NARS Orgasm $38.00
- Since the NARS Orgasm has become a cult favorite, you can find plenty of dupes for it at a much more budget friendly price. e.l.f. has a shade Candid Coral which will set you back $3.97 and Milani Cosmetics has the shade Dolce Pink for $19.99 that are very similar.
Eyeliner – Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil $25.00
Mascara – Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara $17.00 (I switch up my mascaras so often so I usually opt for the mini sizes instead. The full size of this one is $32.00)
Highlighter – Ciaté London Glow-To Highlighter $38.00 (I use the shade Starburst and it is such a nice champagne shade)
Lip Balm – Bite Beauty Agave Lip Balm $20.00 (On a regular day at work I tend to skip lipsticks and lip gloss)
That totals up to be a ridiculous $486.46 face everyday!! I don’t know why I never thought about this before but O.M.G.
Think about your beauty routine and how much your face is worth? Are you shocked by that number? Is it higher or lower than you expected? Also, how long is your morning face routine?
I’m still shocked and confused right now by this!
Don’t forget to subscribe to LiveLaughLearn.blog to stay up to date and follow on Instagram @LiveLaughLearn.blog