Last week I took a week off of work (and just everything really) and it’s reminded me about the importance of nourishment. And I’m not talking about only healthy eating or things like that – I’m talking about deep nourishment that cleanses you. That might sound dramatic, but it’s how I feel! It’s SO important and something that we can skip on when we’re in the chaos of daily life. At least I know that I do!
I’ve loved turning my phone off and spending time with people I love – and also on myself. But vacation or not, here are 30 pretty simple ways you can nourish different parts of your being starting now! Enjoy friends!
- When you’re feeling flustered (you know those days where everything is a hot mess?), sit down and do nothing for 5 minutes. No phones, no tasks, just stop what you’re doing and sit and relax in peace.
- Go on a social media detox if your head feels full.
- Do that one thing you’ve been putting off for months (looking at you, oil change).
- Try meditation, even for a few minutes a day. Guided meditations are a lot easier to use (at least I’ve found) so try an app like Headspace.
- Write down 10 things you’re grateful for – right now!
- Allow your mind to rest before bed. Put your phone on Airplane Mode for an hour before bed, pick up your book and just chill.
- Learn something new everyday – whether through a podcast, a book, or a class.
- Remove something from your calendar. Just look at your calendar, pick what doesn’t sound fun, and cancel. It is that easy.
- If you’ve been thinking about setting a budget forever, make it a priority. It’s such a mind release!
- Do a brain dump.
- Add stretching to your nightly or morning routine. It’s pretty crazy how much better you can feel after doing this for a week.
- Instead of a shower, swap a bath once a week and soak in bath salts. Your body will thank you!
- Try to stand during part of your work day. I sometimes do this at the island in my kitchen if I am home or I’ll walk down the hall and chat with a coworker.
- Sign up for a new workout before the year ends.
- Have better posture. Put those shoulders back!
- Try dry brushing. This is new for me but sounds soooo good and tons of benefits like anti-inflammation.
- Move your body…every single day.
- Tell yourself 3 things you love about your body in the shower every day.
- Get a massage!
- Add more vegetables to your next meal.
- Plan a girl’s weekend, even if it’s just one night away.
- Call a loved one just because you’re thinking of them!
- Hug the next loved one you see.
- Grab a blanket, light a candle, and put on your favorite movie.
- Put your phone away and have a great conversation with a friend.
- Stop caring about what people think – here’s how.
- Share a bottle of wine with someone you love.
- Go for a walk in nature (this kind of accomplishes body, mind and soul, score!)
- Cross something off your bucket list by the end of 2019. What’s it gonna be?!
Don’t forget to subscribe to LiveLaughLearn.blog to stay up to date and follow on Instagram @LiveLaughLearn.blog